Last Updated: June 12, 2018
- Who are we?
- What is Personal Information?
- What Personal Information do we collect about you?
- How we use your Personal Information?
- Locations where your Personal Information may be stored or processed
- Information Sharing with Service Providers and Agents
- Payment Gateways and Processors
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Links to Other Internet Sites
- “Do Not Track”
- Reviewing and Correcting your Personal Information
- Choice / Opt-Out
- Deletion or Restriction of Our right to Store or Process your Personal Information
- Privacy Complaints
Who Are We?
Attn: Data Protection Officer
12020 Chandler Boulevard
North Hollywood, California 91607
Telephone Number: 1-818-661-4917
What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is your first and last name, your email address, your physical address, including a street name and the name of a city or town, your telephone and/or fax number, your credit card information, social security number, or any other identifier that permits us to contact you, and/or any information that we maintain that could be used in combination with any of the identifying information described above to identify you.
What Personal Information Do We Collect About You?
As a visitor to the Website, we do not require you to provide any Personal Information.
When you create an account on the Website (“Account”), purchase a license for content, or contribute content, we may collect the following Personal Information to provide services to you, including (but not limited to):
- Contact information such as your first and last name, email address, physical address, telephone and fax number, and credit card information;
- Profile information such as your username and password. Passwords are collected and stored in an encrypted format by an automated process;
- Payment and tax information such as your billing address, credit card number, expiration date, authentication code, and if applicable, your VAT identification number. Payment information is provided through a secure tunnel interface directly to a third-party payment processor as noted below under “Payment Gateways and Processors”; and
- Demographic information such as your job title, job description, company name, company size, and company type.
If you become an RHI content contributor, we may collect the following additional Personal Information:
- Banking and other financial institution information required for us to compensate you;
- Government taxpayer identification number required in order for us to prepare tax information documents;
- Social security number; and
- Other information that we determine is needed to assist us in marketing your content, to confirm your identity or your rights to the content.
You are not required to provide the Personal Information we have requested, but if you choose not to do so, you may be ineligible to create an Account, contribute content, or participate in or complete transactions on our Website or obtain certain other services.
How do we use your Personal Information?
RHI uses your Personal Information to:
- Administer your Account;
- Provide customer service;
- Send you requested content, sales or service information;
- Process your financial transactions;
- Communicate with you about your transactions, new products and services including transaction-related communications such as welcome letters, billing notices, and purchase confirmations;
- Assess your business needs to determine suitable content or services;
- Respond to customer content or services requests;
- Send you a newsletter or information about our content, services, programs and offerings or other information or offers that may interest you;
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or comply with law, protect your safety or the safety of us or others, investigate fraud, defend ourselves from legal claims, or respond to a government request;
- If RHI is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets; (In such event, you will be notified via email and/or a notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information);
- To our legal counsel and auditors;
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so; and
- If you are a content contributor, to verify your identity, identify your uploaded content as your content, review your content, process payment information, and to prepare tax information documents, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary and appropriate to facilitate the sale of licenses to your content.
Locations where your data may be Stored or Processed
Personal Information collected by RHI may be shared with its affiliates and subsidiaries and may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which RHI or its affiliates or subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by providing us with your Personal Information and using our Website or services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Information Sharing with Service Providers and Agents
We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf, including, but not limited to maintenance and operation of the Website, and processing of payment information. Those third-party service providers (i) are permitted to obtain and use only the Personal Information they need to provide the service, (ii) are required by RHI to protect Personal Information to the same extent as RHI and as required by applicable law, including, if they process Personal Information of persons residing in the EU, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and (iii) are prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
Payment Gateways and Processors
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We may use RHI and third-party cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies to facilitate users’ use of the Website. Cookies are small text files sent to your computer to collect information about your activities on the Website and to maintain session information. Web beacons are electronic images set by our third-party service providers. Cookies and Web beacons are used to enable us to associate your responses with your Account, provide verification of your identifying information, and to compile traffic data.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. However, all major web browsers provide controls that allow you to block or delete them. Please consult your browser instructions to block or delete cookies. Please be aware that certain features and capabilities of the Website depend on cookies, so if you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of the Website.
Links to Other Internet Sites
“Do Not Track”
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry physical, technical and administrative standards to protect your Personal Information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at email@example.com. If you have any question about the security of a payment gateway or processor, you should contact the payment gateway or processor.
Reviewing and Correcting your Personal Information
Under the GDPR in the EU, you have the right to request a copy of, review and/or correct your Personal Information that we hold about you. We extend this right to persons everywhere. If you would like to do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choice / Opt-Out
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by contacting us at email@example.com.
Deletion or Restriction of Our right to Store or Process your Personal Information
Under the GDPR, in certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict processing of or request erasure of the Personal Information we hold about you. However, this right is not absolute, and we will retain and use your Personal Information as we determine necessary to manage your Account, to continue ongoing contractual rights and obligations, or as required to establish, exercise or defend legal rights or claims or to protect our or other RHI contributors or licensee rights.
The Website is not directed at children, and RHI does not knowingly collect Personal Information directly from users under the age of 13 or from other websites or services directed at children. Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), RHI will not knowingly request or collect Personal Information from any child under age 13 without obtaining the required parental consent. Children can browse the Website without any Personal Information being collected.
If RHI learns that a user under 13 years of age has submitted Personal Information through or using the Website without his or her parent or legal guardian’s consent, RHI will take reasonable measures to obtain consent by contacting the child’s parent or legal guardian if possible and shall, if consent cannot be or is not obtained, take reasonable measures to delete such information from its databases and not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required by law). If RHI obtains the required consent from the parent or guardian of a child under 13, we will only ask for Personal Information that is reasonably necessary for the child to redeem the content ordered and will store such Personal Information for only as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill these purposes.
The parent or legal guardian who has consented to a child providing Personal Information to the Website may later view the child’s Personal Information and correct or remove the information, in whole or in part; instruct RHI to discontinue all use of the child’s Personal Information and/or not to communicate further with the child; or revoke or modify the consent, by contacting RHI at firstname.lastname@example.org and including the child’s name and email address and the parent or guardian’s name and email address. Please visit http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/privacyinitiatives/childrens.html for information from the Federal Trade Commission about protecting children’s privacy.
© 2019 RockHouse Images, LLC
All rights reserved.